Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Now that's just not funny


Isn't it nice to see on the news that this train can go at a whopping 350 miles an hour? Isn't the French train service wonderful? Well, yes it is, but it makes me want to cry. The TGV can speed from Paris to Brussels in a mere 1 hour and 25 minutes. That's a distance of more than 200 miles. So, why do I have to get on a train at 8am to make sure I can arrive at my workplace at 10am, even though the distance is only 47 miles? Answers on a postcard. Imagine the glory of gliding past the inevitable signal failure at Burnham, flying past the wrong sort of snowflakes on the line at West Drayton, and slithering into Paddington station a mere 30 - 45 minutes after departure. I fear this may be an impossible dream.
But, hope is at hand, the badges have arrived, and I now await the cards that accompany them, and the campaign can begin in earnest.
Please let me know if you'd like one. Send your details to IhateFGW@yahoo.co.uk, and be sure and let me know how the badges are received. Wear them with pride!

2 comments:

Billyo said...

Is that picture on the right the badge design?

If it is, do you mind if I use it as a picture in my blog post telling people about it?

Helen said...

Hi Billyo
I have changed the design slightly to avoid copyright issues, please see my next post for the image of the actual badge. Of course you're welcome to use either in your blog, the more people hear about it the merrier.
I have also received your badge request and will shortly be posting yours to you. Good luck and let me know how you get on.